Job Location: Blandford, Dorset
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Excellent starting salary package
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays; ·Pension scheme (6.5% Company contribution for a min 2.5% employee contribution).
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am - 5pm + onsite parking
Stong Management experience
Warehouse/Stores experience ideally
Come from a Manufacturing Industry Background, all of the aboove are essential and there is no movement
We are seeking to recruit an experienced MCIPS / CIPS qualified Procurement Manager to manage a small purchasing team for a leading manufacturing company who have been established over 50 years.
We require a talented individual strong leadership skills and a strategic and analytical mind-set to drive the procurement department forward. This fast paced and exciting role will see you provide effective leadership to the procurement, storage and distribution function whilst ensuring the smooth running of supply chain activities across the business.
Reporting to the Operations Director as the Procurement Manager some of your duties will include: ·
- Managing and developing the purchasing team ensuring they are provided with support and guidance.
- Creating & implementing best practice supply chain vision, strategy, policies, processes & procedures to aid & improve business performance.
- Ensuring that supply chain strategies & processes are in place to meet business objectives & operational needs in terms of price, quality & delivery targets & which enables the company to function & compete effectively in the market.
- Contributing to overall business strategy & annual budget process.
- Initiating & develop creative & innovative supply chain processes.
- Supporting operations & technical to drive lean & continuous improvement both internally & externally through the supply chain.
- Ensuring the successful preparation and delivery of project management
- Looking at improvements to the ERP systems for a more efficient supply chain process
- Taking responsibility for the procurement budget ensuring high quality products at the best rate for the business.
- Reviewing supplier performance.
The successful Procurement Manager will possess:
- MCIPS / CIPS Qualification is essential
- Proven experience working as a Purchasing Manager / Head of Procurement
- Strong management / leadership skills with experience of managing and developing a team
- Strong IT Skills with experience using ERP systems
- Knowledge of Contract Law & Negotiations
- A proven track record of delivering projects and cost savings
- A strategic, methodical and analytical mind-set