Intermediary Sales Consultant
Bournemouth Hours: 9am to 5:30pm (full-time)
Salary: £18,000 to £22,000 Dep on Experience Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading Private Medical Insurance company who are growing after moving to new premises.
The sales team are responsible for driving new business to the company and provide training and support to existing brokers and new brokers.
You will be expected to build relationships with our existing brokers and develop new business by following up on quotations for small to medium enterprises. The role is phone based with a small amount of travelling involved. Other duties will include, agency administration, setting up meetings, supporting the sales team and delivering a high level of customer service that our brokers have come to expect from us.
The role, therefore, requires excellent communication, time management and customer service skills at all times. Experience in Private Medical Insurance working in either a broker or insurer environment is essential.
- Building and developing broker relationships
- Follow up on new business quotations with brokers to enable us to understand if we need to react to market feedback
- Develop and maintain a structured process to follow up quotations with different broker requirements
- Work closely with the underwriting team to convert quotations into new business by negotiating new and renewal premiums on behalf of the broker for their client(s)
- Setting up new broker agencies by issuing terms of business agreement and ensuring the broker has the relevant regulatory requirements and is suitable to distribute policies
- Visiting brokers with the sales team.
- Promote the best image for the company through the professional appearance and behaviour and adhere to company standards and procedures.
Education and experience Essential
- Current experience of working in an insurance-based, customer services environment, ideally a health insurance company but will consider candidates from other general insurance backgrounds.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- An appetite to write new business and exceed target.
Desirable education and experience
- Working towards Cert CII or other insurance-based qualification.
- Second European language
You must have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be confident in discussing medical and insurance matters with our brokers, over the phone, face to face and in writing.
In addition, you must be prepared to participate and work closely with the Sales Director, Sales staff and the Underwriting team. We are all required to work together and support each other to ensure we operate smoothly, efficiently and provide the high level of customer service we aim to give at all times.
This means you must be:
- Able to work well under pressure and in the face of short deadlines;
- Presentable, flexible, approachable, adapting and responding to team objectives at short notice;
- Well organised and able to prioritise a workload of varied and important tasks;
- Able to work on your own with minimal supervision as well as an integral part of the team.
- Able to drive and have a full driving licence
The normal office hours are 9am to 6pm with the 5.30pm to 6pm ‘slot’ currently covered on a rota basis– once you are trained and confident in the role, you would be expected to join the rota and provide that cover – currently no more than once a week.