Up to £22,000 DOE
Monday to Friday only 9am – 5:30pm (one day a week working till 6pm on a rota basis)
This is not a call centre role
Are you an experienced Claims Assessor? Or are you working within either a medical industry role or customer facing role from the travel sector or other insurance and finance industries? This is a great opportunity to work with a leading Private Medical Insurance company in a friendly family atmosphere.
You will be dealing with claims for medical treatment, so the role requires empathy and care towards the customer who is likely to be dealing with ill-health. At the same time, we ensure claims are assessed fairly and settled in line with the policy terms and conditions. The role includes taking customer calls, recording claims details and processing claims accurately and efficiently. Our customers reach us via phone and email, so the role requires excellent communication skills - verbal and written, and exceptional customer service skills at all times.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Claims Assessor
• Receive and assess claims documentation in order to establish whether the claim can be covered. • Obtain further information when required.
• Assess the claim against policy terms and conditions and send paperwork for acceptance or declinature.
• Processing claims payments in line with agreed authority levels and procedures.
• Communicate all progress and decisions to the customer accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Maintain informative and accurate records of all claims activity on our internal files and systems.
• Identify and escalate serious and/or urgent cases to the Claims Team Leader/Manager.
• Assist/deal with ad-hoc projects as required by Claims Team Leader/Manager.
• Promote the best image for the company through professionalism and adhere to company standards.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS Claims Assessor
Essential education and experience
• Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Exceptional customer service standards
Desirable education and experience
• Experience of working in an insurance-based or claims-based environment, ideally within health insurance but will consider candidates from other insurance backgrounds.
• Medical knowledge gained through working in a hospital or doctor’s clinic.